The Board of Professional Responsibility Attorney Portal is currently down for maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back later today for access to the attorney portal.
Adcox, James Murray III
216 Centerview Dr Ste 140
Definitions for BOPR Status Codes
- in good standing to practice law in Tennessee. An attorney must be on active
status in order to practice. Attorneys on temporary duty with the armed forces
are considered active.
Active - Military Exempt
- in good standing to practice law in Tennessee.
- an attorney who is no longer living.
- an inactive status resulting from an attorney being incapacitated from
continuing to practice law.
- terminates the individual’s status as a lawyer. May apply for reinstatement after 5 years.
- attorneys who serve as a justice, judge, or magistrate judge of a court of the United States
or who serve in any federal office in which the attorney is prohibited by federal
law from engaging in the practice of law.
- attorneys not currently practicing law may request inactive status, such as retired attorneys
65 years of age or older, faculty members of Tennessee law schools who do not practice, or attorneys
not engaged in the practice of law in Tennessee.
- an attorney in good standing who is no longer practicing in Tennessee may
choose to voluntarily surrender their law license and no longer be licensed to
practice law in Tennessee.
- not in good standing and cannot practice law in Tennessee, subject to reinstatement to
active status. This may be as a result of failure to pay annual attorneyÕs dues, failure to
pay the annual Professional Privilege Tax, non-compliance with IOLTA reporting, failure to meet
Continuing Legal Education (CLE) requirements, or imposed disciplinary actions.
Licensed in TN Since:
University of Memphis - Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
Informational Releases for Public Discipline:
(No releases for Public Discipline found for this attorney)
James Murray Adcox III
* Information accurate as ofFriday, December 13, 2019 7:00 PM UTC