The following procedure was implemented, pursuant to Rule 9, Section 20.3 on January 1, 2008:
- Bills for annual fees sent on or before January 10 by regular, U.S. mail.
- Past due notices sent by regular, U.S. mail on or before March 10 to lawyers
who did not pay annual fees by March 1 as required by Rule 20. The past due notice
will give the attorney until March 20 to pay.
- On March 21, certified suspension notices sent requiring payment by March 31.
Tracking of delivery of certified suspension notices will be done through the USPS
website tracking system.
- On the Friday following the 31st day after the USPS tracking system confirms
delivery to a delinquent lawyer, his/her name will be submitted to the Supreme
Court for suspension.
- Once a suspension order is entered by the Court, notice of such suspension
will be made consistent with existing procedure.